The Foundation stewards more than 60 permanent funds, the capital of which is held in perpetuity, and the earnings from which support annual grants to local charities. Anyone may make a donation to any of the Foundation's permanent funds. Please visit our donations page or call the Foundation office at 604.741.7360.
provide resources for the Foundation's annual grants program:
1. Barrie and Frances Stewart Family Endowment
2. Bill and Trudene Longman Endowment
3. Fiedler Family Endowment
4. John and Maria Manley Memorial Endowment
5. SCCF Community Legacy Fund
6. Sunshine Coast Credit Union Endowment Fund
7. TELUS Community Ambassadors
8. Terry and Sandy McBride Family Endowment
9. Vera Elizabeth Barron Memorial Endowment
provide a steady stream of income to the charities that established them:
10. Barrie Wilbee Bursary for Sunshine Coast Entrepreneurs (Community Futures Sunshine Coast) to support an institution working with a local citizen wanting to further his or her studies in business education.
11. Canadian Federation of University Women Bursary Committee-Sunshine Coast for an annual scholarship to a mature woman pursuing post-secondary studies.
12. Coast Recital Societyto help bring world class musicians to the Sunshine Coast, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
13. Daniel Kingsbury Music For Youth Endowment (Sunshine Coast Community Services)
to support young musicians who require financial assistance to further their musical endeavours.
14. Gibsons Public Art Gallery to fund the Gallery's operations.
15. Gwen Bennett Endowment to support the Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
16. Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast to provide support to families living in the Wilson Creek complex.
17. Iris Loewen Endowment to support the programs and activities of the Sechelt Public Library.
18. Jesse & Joop Burgerjon Endowment for Sargeant Bay to resource the Society for the Protection of Sargeant Bay.
19. Marine Rescue Agency Fund to help finance operations of Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue stations.
20. Pender Harbour Health Centre Endowment to support the programs and activities of the Pender Harbour Health Centre.
21. SC Arts Council's Doris Crowston Endowment to support activities and programs at the Gallery.
22.SC Arts Council's Endowment In Honour of Anne and Phillip Klein to encourage artists to continue their artistic passion late in life.
23. SC Arts Council's Endowment In Honour of Gillian Lowndes to support an annual award in Gillian's memory.
24.SC Arts Council's Music Award In Honour of Louse Baril to fund an annual award which honours the memory of Louise Baril.
25. SC Art Council's Award in Honour of Frances Wasserlein funds an annual grant in memory of a much loved woman by her friends.
26. SC Botanical Garden Society Endowment to support the programs and activities of the Garden.
27. SC Community Foundation Operating to support the core programs of the Foundation.
28.SC Community Services Society Fund to support activities and programs in social services.
29. SC Festival of the Written Arts Legacy of Literacy Fund to support the annual Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
30. SC Hospice Society Endowment to support its programs and activities.
direct grants to a specific organization:
31. Bill and Joan Humphries Endowment to support capital projects in the Town of Gibsons.
32. Dickey Family Endowment in support of Sechelt Hospital Foundation.
33. Endowment for Vulnerable Communities to support the programs and activities of Sunshine Coast Community Services Society.
34. Frank and Muriel Daly Endowment to Support Youth in Sports (KidSport – SC Chapter) to support purchase of sporting equipment, registration fees, and lessons.
35. Halfmoon Bay Heritage Endowment to help Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives preserve the heritage of the Sunshine Coast, especially Halfmoon Bay.
36. Endowment For Hungry Children on the Sunshine Coast to support the Sunshine Coast School District's Breakfast for Kids Program.
37. Jack and Sheila Carlson Family Endowment to support Sunshine Coast Hospice Society.
38. John and Janey Talbot Family Endowment to support Arrowhead Clubhouse Society.
39. Ken Moore Marine Rescue Endowment to support the maintenance of the rescue vessel “Ken Moore” owned by the Sunshine Coast Marine Rescue Society.
40. Lynn Pakulak Endowment to support Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
41. Marie Steel Memorial Endowment to support activities and programs of the SC Festival of the Written Arts, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
42. Marine Education Fund to support the programs of the Nicholas Sonntag Marine Education Centre at the Gibsons Public Market.
43. Schell Family Endowment to support Sunshine Coast Festival of the Written Arts, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
allow donors to influence grant-making:
44. Bate Foley Family Endowment to End Homelessness to help prevent homelessness on the Sunshine Coast.
45. Chad and Erika Price Family Endowment to support Sunshine Coast charities.
46. Crosby/Esson Family Endowment to support certain charitiable activities on the Sunshine Coast.
47. Howe Sound Pulp & Paper Employees Endowment to support organizations providing health-related services to Sunshine Coast residents.
48. Jean and Arthur Clarke Endowment to support children and youth in sport and recreation activities.
49. John Vance Legacy Fund to support arts and music that reflect John’s interests.
50. McFarland Family Endowment to support charities on the Sunshine Coast.
51. R. Clayton Family Endowment to support charitable activities on the Sunshine Coast.
52. Robert Johnston Family Endowment to support charitable activities on the Sunshine Coast.
53. Rotary Club of Gibsons Endowment to support charitable activities on the Sunshine Coast.
54. Sunshine Coast Youth Sports Endowment to nurture the potential of children, teens, and young adults through sporting programs that focus on inclusion, participation, volunteerism, leadership, and philanthropy.
support grants to specific charitable causes:
55. Blane and Henny Hagedorn Family Endowment to support health and wellness on the Sunshine Coast.
56. Environmental Legacy Fund to encourage stewardship of our water, shorelines, and private land.
57. Gibsons Landing Fibre Arts Festival Endowment to support projects that develop or encourage the development of fibre art in public places on the Sunshine Coast.
58. Sue Milne Memorial Choral Fund to support the development and presentation of choral music on the Sunshine Coast.
59. Youth Legacy Fund to support youth activities and projects.
support graduating high school students:
60. Robertson/McDonald Family Education Endowment to provide bursaries and scholarships to graduates from School District #46 attending post secondary educational institutions.
61. Sunshine Coast Endowment for Visual Arts to support graduating high school students in School District #46 pursuing studies in the visual arts.
62. Larry Ennis Memorial Scholarship in Woodworking to support graduating high school students in School District #46 to pursue study or training in fine woodworking or carpentry.
63. Eleanor Thielke and David Cox Scholarship (emerging).
64. Town of Gibsons Capital Projects Fund
65. Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund
You may donate to the Foundation in support of any of these funds by writing a cheque, making a bank transfer, transferring publicly-traded shares, leaving a bequest, or making a credit card donation at CanadaHelps.
Please contact Wendy Francis by email or at 604.741.7360 for further information about making a donation or creating a fund in your name or in memory of someone special.