The cornerstone of the Foundation’s responsive grants program is the concept of community capacity-building.
Grant making for community capacity-building occurs when proposals:
• build on the strengths and assets of a community or an organization,
• include the involvement of two or more groups in the development and implementation of a project,
• demonstrate clear outcomes,
• help create and strengthen participation by and networks among residents and organizations,
• provide seed funding for new initiatives that can then sustain themselves, and
• respond to a need identified in Vital Signs.
The Foundation also makes grants for equipment and materials that are decided based on need and community benefit.
Fields of Interest
In addition to general community grants, each year funds are set aside to support certain Fields of Interest.
Environmental Grants are available for projects that:
• protect and preserve the habitat and biodiversity of our fragile and unique Sunshine Coast ecosystems,
• protect and improve the quality of our air, water, and soil,
• encourage stewardship of private lands, water, and shorelines, and
• educate the community about environmental and stewardship issues.
Thanks to the Gibsons Landing Fibre Arts Festival, we have a specific fund to support or encourage the creation and public presentation of fibre art (fine art whose material consists of natural or synthetic fabric or yarn or other materials such as wood and generally refers to pieces made by hand).
In 2020, we will award the first grant from the Sue Milne Memorial Choral Fund. Grants are available to support choirs and choral groups with expenses related to developing and preparing for performances.
In 2019, the Foundation launched a new online granting portal. When you have read through the guidelines, eligibility, and restrictions and believe your project qualifies, please visit the portal to complete your Letter of Intent. We have posted some videos explaining how the online portal works for grant applicants, for your convenience.
Applicants submitting a successful Letter of Intent and invited to submit a full application will be required to complete a project budget. When you are submitting a full application, please download the budget template below to include with your application.
When you submit your final grant report, you will need to download the project expense report below to submit with your report.